In this paper, it is shown that our fabricated MTJ of 60 × 180 nm2, which is connected to the MOSFET in series by 3 levels via and 3 levels metal line, can dynamically operate with the programming current driven by 0.14 μm CMOSFET. In our measurement of transient characteristic of fabricated MTJ, the pulse current, which is generated by the MOSFET with an applied pulse voltage of 1.5V to its gate, injected to the fabricated MTJ connected to the MOSFET in series. By using the current measurement technique flowing in MTJ with sampling period of 10 nsec, for the first time, we succeeded in monitor that the transition speed of the resistance change of 60 × 180 nm2 MTJ is less than 30ns with its programming current of 500 μA and the resistance change of 1.2 kω.
- Magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ)
- Spin-transfer torque random access memory (STT-RAM)
- Tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering