Recent results of charge exchange emission from solar system objects observed with the Japanese Suzaku satellite are reviewed. Suzaku is of great importance to investigate diffuse X-ray emission like the charge exchange from planetary exospheres and comets. The Suzaku studies of Earth's exosphere, Martian exosphere, Jupiter's aurorae, and comets are overviewed.
- Comets: individual (73P/SW3 fragment C)
- Planets and satellites: individual (Jupiter, Mars)
- Solar wind
- Solar-terrestrial relations
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Space and Planetary Science