Nonlinear intrachannel interactions in a transmission system with strong periodic dispersion management and distributed amplification are studied. When average dispersion is negligible, distributed amplification provides significant suppression of tinting shift and energy transfer caused by the intrachannel pulse interactions, as compared with lumped amplification for the same value of path average signal power.
- Dispersion management
- Optical fiber communication
- Optical fiber nonlinearity
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering