Using the Bogoliubov-de Gennes equation, nano-structured anisotropic superconductors are investigated. The symmetry of order parameter strongly depends on its shape. For π/4 rotated square superconductors, s + id superconductivity becomes stable. And because of broken time-reversal symmetry of this state, there appear spontaneous currents around the boundary. This result shows shape of the superconductors controls their superconducting symmetry.
- Anisotropic superconductivity
- Bogoliubov-de Gennes equation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering