A theory of spin-transport in hybrid normal metal-ferromagnetic electronic circuits is developed, taking into account non-collinear spin-accumulation. Spin-transport through resistive elements is described by 4 conductance parameters. Microscopic expression for these conductances are derived in terms of scattering matrices and explicitly calculated for simple models. The circuit theory is applied to 2-terminal and 3-terminal devices attached to ferromagnetic reservoirs.
- 72.10.-d Theory of electronic transport; scattering mechanisms
- 72.10.Bg General formulation of transport theory
- 75.70.-i Magnetic properties of thin films, surfaces, and interfaces
- 75.70.Pa Giant magnetoresistance
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics