We examine recombination processes of photocarriers in one-dimensional Mott insulators coupled to phonons. Performing density matrix renormalization group calculations, we find that, even for small electron-phonon coupling, many phonons are generated dynamically, which cause initial relaxation process after the irradiation. At the same time, spin-charge coupling coming from mixing of high- and low-energy states by the irradiation is suppressed. We discuss differences between Mott and band insulators in terms of relaxation dynamics.
- Density matrix renormalization group method
- Photoinduced phase transition
- Pump-probe reflection spectroscopy
- Strongly correlated electron systems
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Physics and Astronomy(all)