There are many kinds of fiber lasers in the 1. 5 mm band using erbium-doped fiber amplifiers. Our group has been studying and developing advanced fiber lasers, such as 1) 10-40 GHz harmonically mode-locked fiber lasers, 2) femtosecond fiber lasers that use single-wall carbon nanotube (CNT)-doped polymers as a saturable absorber, and 3) frequency-stabilized fiber lasers that employ acetylene C2H2. We will describe recent progress on these fiber lasers and their applications in this article.
- acetylene frequency-stabilized fiber laser
- coherent optical transmission
- high-speed optical transmission
- mode-locked erbium fiber laser
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering