Business Continuity Advancement Organization (BCAO)1 and Tohoku University jointly organized a public forum on business continuity management (BCM) during the third United Nations World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR) in Sendai. From the experience of the 2011 great East Japan earthquake, Japan learned many ways to improve BCM. The progress and direction of BCM was discussed in this forum. Additionally, best practices of BCM and disaster management were awarded by BCAO in the latter part of the forum.
- Business continuity management (BCM)
- Business continuity plan (BCP)
- Corporate disaster management
- The Great East Japan Earthquake
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Engineering (miscellaneous)