The role of nonlinearity on quasi-linear pulse transmission in strongly dispersion-managed systems with loss and amplification is analyzed. The spectral characteristics of the pulse evolution are strongly dependent on the relative position of the amplifier in the dispersion map. The results agree well with direct numerical simulations and recent experiments.
- Dispersion management
- Optical fiber communication
- Optical fiber nonlinearity
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering