The Coulomb dissociation of the proton-rich nuclei 31Cl was studied experimentally using 31Cl beams at 58 MeV/nucleon with a lead target. The relative energy between the reaction products, 30S and proton, was obtained. The first excited state in 31Cl was observed which is relevant to the resonant capture of stellar 30S(p,γ) 31Cl reaction.
- Coulomb excitation
- Reaction induced by unstable nuclei
- nucleosynthesis in novae and supernovae
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Physics and Astronomy(all)