Partially fluorinated lithium manganese spinel oxides (LiMn1.8Li0.1Ni0.1O4-xFx) were prepared by solid-state reaction. Relationship between the electronic structures of LiMn1.8Li0.1Ni0.1O4-xFx and their electrochemical properties were investigated. X-ray absorption near-edge structure (XANES) of Mn K-edge showed that the absorption edge shifted to lower energy with increasing F- content, which indicated decrease of the Mn average oxidation state. Discharge capacity at first cycle was increased by decrease of the Mn average oxidation state with increasing F- content.
- Electronic structure
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering