The capacitance properties of the self-ordered mesoporous carbons (CMK-3), from a template of hexagonal self-ordered mesoporous SiO2 (SBA15) using sucrose as the carbon source, have been investigated. The pore distribution was narrow with a diameter of 3.90 nm and a surface area of 900 m2/g. Rectangular shape of the cyclic voltammetry was observed even if the scan rate is increased to about 5 × 10-2V/s. Self-ordered mesoporous carbon exhibited a electrochemical double-layer capacitance of 60-90 F/g in scan rate from 5 × 10-4 to 5 × 10-2V/s between 1.5 and 3.4 V (Li/Li+). The specific capacitance of 10 μF/cm2 was similar to that of the typical value of EDLC. After the 100th cycle, the capacity decreased 20% in comparing with that of the first one.
- Electrochemical double-layer capacitors
- Mesoporous carbon
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering