The various dynamical models for fragment formation in nuclear collisions are discussed in order to bring out their relative advantages and shortcomings. After discussing the general requirements for dynamical models that aim to describe fragment formation, we consider the various mean-field models that incorporate fluctuations and then turn to models based on molecular dynamics.
- 05.60.Gg Quantum transport
- 24.10.-i Nuclear reaction models and methods
- 24.60.Ky Fluctuation phenomena
- 25.70.Pq Multifragment emission and correlations
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics