The 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake, which occurred on March 11, 2011, caused enormous damage, particularly to the strip of land along the Pacific Ocean from the Tohoku Region to the Kanto Region, due to seismic motion and the tsunami it triggered. This report presents an outline of the earthquake and summarizes the associated seismic damage to social infrastructure facilities.
- Damage statistics
- Social infrastructure facilities
- Summary of the earthquake
- The 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geology