This paper describes a consideration of the excitation circuit of a switched reluctance (SR) generator. The SR generator has some features including solid structure and easiness of maintenance. However, the conventional excitation circuit of the SR generator is an asymmetry half bridge converter (AHBC) whose configuration is complicated. In this paper, we examine the operating characteristics of the SR generator excited by a suppression resistor converter (SRC) based on finite-element method (FEM) analysis and experiments.
- Finite-element method (FEM) analysis
- Suppression resistor converter
- Switched reluctance generator
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering