We have successfully synthesized Ca1-xNaxIrO3 with the post-perovskite structure and elucidated their electronic properties. CaIrO3 is a S = 1/2 antiferromagnetic Mott insulator with the Néel temperature (TN) of 115 K. A gradual decrease in TN upon carrier doping culminates in a paramagnetic state at x ∼ 0.3 with the simultaneous change from an insulator to a metal. The metallic state for x ≥ 0.31 shows the non-Fermi liquid behavior originating from antiferromagnetic fluctuations.
- Metal-insulator transition
- Post-perovskite structure
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Energy Engineering and Power Technology
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering