The applied field dependence of the anisotropy parameter, γ, defined by the square root of the effective mass ratio for the layered superconductor Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ single crystal has been obtained by the magnetic torque measurements in several static magnetic fields up to 210kOe at 52 and 69 K. Although γ has a huge value of larger than 200 for fields below 20kOe, it becomes less than 60 in 210kOe. It is considered that the huge γ in lower field is affected by the layered structure effect like the intrinsic pinning in addition to the irreversibility due to the flux pinning. The relatively small δ value in higher field reveals the actual effective mass anisotropy.
- Anisotropy in superconducting vortex state
- Bi-based high temperature superconductors
- Magnetic torque measurements
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering