We demonstrate an optoelectronic oscillator using a gain-switched single-mode vertical cavity surface-emitting laser and a single-mode photonic crystal fiber. A 10-GHz optical pulse train at 850 nm with a timing jitter of 1.2 ps was successfully generated.
- Optoelectronic oscillator (OEO)
- Photonic crystal fiber
- Vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering