We achieve a 512-channel super-dense wavelength-division-multiplexing (WDM) transmission with a 12.5-GHz channel spacing over 320 km (80 km × 4) of standard single-mode fiber in the C + L-bands. Optical carrier supply modules, which are based on a flattened sideband generation scheme, are applied to generate the 512 wavelengths from only 64 distributed-feedback laser diodes with a frequency spacing of 100 GHz. Arrayed-waveguide gratings with a 12.5-GHz spacing are used in this super-dense WDM experiment.
- Arrayed-waveguide grating
- Multiwavelength generation
- Optical fiber communication
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering